Thursday, May 29, 2008

Snapshots and photo albums

Been pretty busy (stoked on that) working on estimates, scanning, prepping images for upcoming meetings, and getting a couple of interviews ready for this blog. So, I'll keep this one short.

One thing I've noticed as I've been scouring through all of my film and shoots over the years (trying to see what images I might have missed--that might actually be worth re-visiting) is that I have a lot of photo albums. Well, it seems like a lot to me--I'm not really sure if it's a lot or not. Looking through the bookshelf in my closet I counted 17 albums (of 200 or 300 pages each) for the last 12 years. And I try to keep them in chronological order---like an edited down timeline of my life. Most of the snapshots could probably be broken down into a few categories---shots from traveling (either work or personal travel), shooting my girlfriend, hanging with friends or my little sisters, or shots from going out and partying. It's pretty much been that way since I was in my last year of high school when I first started taking photos with an Olympus Stylus Epic (with the fixed lens)---I'm now on my 4th Olympus---after a few thefts and occasionally leaving the camera behind somewhere. Though at this point, I think most people would probably leave it be even if it was laying out on the street---it's a pretty basic film camera.

I still don't have a digital point-and-shoot. I did start looking at them, but I haven't found one that I like just yet. It's gotta have RAW, be good at iso 400 (minimum), be fairly compact, and I like an eyepiece too. So I am open to the digital point-and-shoot thing, at least for shooting certain types of things, but I think I'll always keep my Olympus for the photo albums---I'm pretty sure of that.

Here are a few snapshots from the archives that caught my eye today. (I am aware that some are scratched, etc.)



2004



March 1999



December 2000



March 1998


Decmeber 1998


August 2001



December 2007



October 2004



October 1999



December 2007






No comments: